B. Criteria for Approval
Upon staff certification that all required information has been submitted, the materials will be disseminated to the Police Department, Building Codes Department, the Fire Protection/Emergency Service provider, the Town Clerk’s office and any other department requiring review of the plans, based on the special use requested. Each reviewer will be required to provide comment to the Planning and Zoning Administrator within five (5) working days of receipt. The Planning and Zoning Administrator shall consider the responses from the reviewing departments and the potential negative impacts of the proposed special use on surrounding properties with respect to:
1. Damage or nuisance arising from noise, smoke, odor, dust, vibration or illumination;
2. Hazard to persons and property from possible explosion, contamination, fire or flood;
3. Unusual volume or character of traffic not adequately addressed through traffic control measures; and
C. Approval and Issuance of Special Use Permit
1. If all four (4) findings are met and all Town concerns are or can be satisfied, the Planning and Zoning Administrator may approve and authorize issuance of the requested special use permit. A time limit, not to exceed sixty (60) days, and any other conditions deemed necessary to protect the public health, safety and general welfare, may be imposed as conditions.
2. At his/her discretion, the Planning and Zoning Administrator may grant temporary modifications to Zoning Code requirements specific to the needs of a special use on a case-by-case basis. Any such modification approved shall not be construed as precedent setting, nor shall it be deemed applicable to any other special or permitted use.
E. Revocation of Special Use Permit
The violation of any condition imposed by the Planning and Zoning Administrator on special use permit approval shall constitute a violation of this ordinance and, subject to twenty-four (24) hours’ notice, said permit may be revoked. If revocation of a special use permit occurs, said special use must be curtailed at the end of the twenty-four (24) hour notification period.